About Me

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good Friends, Relaxing Atmosphere, Planning ahead, Good wine and food..

Makes a GREAT night!

Set the table...


Pay attention to your guests and give them a little " something" to take home..
Personalize it.


One time of the year, where the red walls in my dining room- really work!  ( Easter? Not so much! )


( My mom wanted lots of table pictures- hence so many!)

Prepare as much as you possibly can. If the meal is all last minute prep- then it might not be a good one if you want to be with your friends, instead of the kitchen.

Here are my Truffled infused, Mac and Cheese with Pancetta. ( I kept it comfort food all night- the kids had their own bowls as well)


Right before people arrived, I had all the plates ready to go for each course....Just needed to add the cheese that was melting for the fondue in the pot.

Well it wouldn't be fancy if we hadn't started the night with a little Amuse Bouche.




Escargot- Made ahead, just had to broil in the oven before serving. I sauteed the button mushrooms in red wine to soften them the night before, placed in dish with garlic herbed butter, splash of wine, and lots of cheese. ( All easy to make ahead)

reducing the cranberry sauce and searing the fois gras before guests arrived.


Get your breads baked during the afternoon- This is a Stramoli filled with pesto sauce, italian meats and cheese for the kids to have...


I made the bread sticks and a different loaf of bread ( filled with pesto and sundried tomatoe) for us.  I used the same bread dough...so that made it easy.


TERRIBLE picture- Terrible. But all I have of the huge Slow Cooked Braised Short Ribs. We braised and made the vegetable puree sauce the night before- Then slow cooked for 4 hrs the following day. Smelled and tasted delicious!  I made up the smashed potatoes the night before as well, with roasted garlic, cream cheese, chives, and cream.

Served with sauteed carrots and green beans. Au jus from beef poured over top.


I kept desert simple, since we had about 8 courses!  Chocolate, and cheese!



Lots of good wine to pair with each course.  Alan even gave us all a wine lesson. I added some local apple cidar to the mix as well...always good this time of year with cheese.




The end of the night- All happy, full bellies, Angela took the picture for us! Thanks Ange!

No comments:

Post a Comment