About Me

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Easy-Nutritious-Indian Inspired Crockpot Stew

I tend not to follow recipes, but whip things up with whatever I happen to have in the fridge and pantry.  The other day, I put the following in my crockpot.  WOW! It turned out so good, that the family wanted seconds and luckily I made enough for them to take in a thermous to school the next day.

Pure Health Food too!


Steph's Healthy Indian Chicken Stew

4 chicken breasts- cut up into large bite size chunks
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package of slice mushrooms
1 butternut squash- diced into bit size chunks
1 jar of VH Indian Market Vindaloo sauce of your choice- You decide how spicy you want it.



Turn crock pot on- let simmer all day.

Near the end I added some frozen corn kernels that I had  sitting in the freezer. You could also add 1 can of drained/rinsed chick peas if you'd like.

Basically, the more vegetables you add, the lower the calorie content per serving. SO have fun with it!

I served this on brown basmatti rice that I cooked with LITE coconut milk instead of water to add more flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment