About Me

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pretty in Pink Girlie Birthday Party ( but for grown up girls!)



So I have a new friend that is a lot like me.   I am a very unique sort.....so this is pretty neat! I have yet to find someone just like me, but Mindy is pretty close!  One of the things we have  in common is our LOVE to entertain and make things " pretty".  Her Birthday is this week, so why not have a perfect little pretty party for her this afternoon!  Let's do it Martha Style! ha!



I found a lovely store called THE FRENCH LAUNDRY in Thornbury, Ontario. All beautiful vintage French Linens from France....so I bought a few washcloths and found some little lavender soaps as favours for the table...packaged in little linen bags and I tied some of my own fresh lavender from the garden to fancy it up a bit..




first course...salad with edamame sauce, crispy panchetta, blueberries, olive oil, tomatoes, crispy fried Parmesan and topped with a jumbo shrimp.



Strawberry Mojito's...






Olive, and roasted red pepper bread with garlic cloves that I roasted on the BBQ with butter and olive oil....


My dear friend Mindy...the Birthday girl with her crepes. I filled them with caramelized onion, herbs de province, sauteed red pepper, grilled portabello's and lots of brie! Topped with a white sauce I made out of the Rose we were drinking...

 Coconut cupcakes...my favourite new recipe! Love, love! Birthday girl blowing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment