About Me

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lunch today



I'm at home with two exhausted, kinda sick kids today.  They have been doing way too much, and needed  a day of rest from their hockey camp.  So why not make myself a special, healthy lunch? Normally I just grab whatever...I tend to only make nice meals, if I have someone here to enjoy it with.  But not today. I made this for myself. The kids requested plain chicken on a bun.

I had some left over mashed cauliflower ( faux mashed potatoes) in my freezer that I made an earlier day, so I warmed those up. Creamy good, without any fat. All cauliflower. I turned on the Grill  on and grilled some portabello's, chicken breasts and wilted some fresh spinach in balsamic vinegar and garlic.

Put it all together with some feta, tomatoes and a sprig of thyme from my garden. Poured some iced green tea, that I made from good loose green tea leaves earlier...and YUM!  Beautiful day to eat out on the deck

No comments:

Post a Comment