About Me

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Going to UTAH soon!

Salt Lake City actually...


Where they have the most yummy, fattening, breakfasts included. Biscuits and Sausage Gravy,  Sausages and cheese to add to that..Waffles, Donuts, Bagels, Muffins, Fruit and Yogurt for show! ha!

I have no issue with that, but I do have an issue with the lack of care of the environment and health.  They serve everything on disposable Styrofoam paper plates, disposable plastic cups, utensils, etc. Everything is thrown straight into the garbage.  ICK!    THAT, and no wonder obesity is a problem if you are given such a selection for breakfast. HOW can one resist sometimes.

I was really impressed when we were at the Eaton Center in Toronto.  Their food court has come a LONG way....90% of the food selections were healthy and made fresh to order. ALL of the plates, bowls, utensils, even soda pop/juice was served in a REAL glass.  Everything was served in a dish that was going to be washed and used again. Plus it just made the whole eating experience so much more civilized.  Take your time, stop, chew and enjoy.

So enough of my rant and praise....

We are off again, so here I am, getting ready to stay away from temptation.


So here I am making my Oatmeal Protein Packs for each morning while away. Just add hot water, stir and enjoy.    I will bring this down to the breakfast area of our hotel  in a REAL bowl!

I take these to the Gym with me too- I am always starving after a work-out and these babies, really keep your blood sugars nice and even, help repair the muscles, and give you tummy satisfaction.

Quick Oats ( about 1/2 cup)
Vanilla Protein Powder ( half a scoop)
Flax seed ( 1 Tbsp)
Cinnamon- ( pinch)
Splenda Brown Sugar ( pinch)
dried cranberries

Add hot water, and stir.




What else am I taking to Utah?

My work-out plans. YES, I will be skiing most days, but for the days I need something else, this is my plan. 


I tried this one today.  A GREAT all over work-out.

IN FACT.....I will be teaching this one at our local YMCA.

I am starting a trial Bootcamp Co-Ed, Monday nights. Hoping it is a success, and if so, will continue teaching  it. YAY!  So excited. I start the first class the day after we get back, so I am trying to get everything done and ready before we leave. I can't come back all jiggly from too many Sausages and Biscuits now can I!?! ack!  I hope I have WILLPOWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment