About Me

Friday, March 30, 2012

Eating Out

While vacationing in Utah, we were eating out quite a bit. I was proud of myself for resisting the Biscuits, sausages with more sausage gravy , donuts, bacon and fried hash-browns included in with our hotel each morning....* that was will-power!* Instead,  I enjoyed my pre-made protein oatmeal that I packed up instead...


However, if I am eating right for Breakfast, I am either skiing all day or if I wasn't, I'd hit the gym, and watch my lunch choices....but come dinner...It was time to eat out!

We had a fantastic dinner at a local Seafood Restaurant. The kids ordered this onion ring appetizer to share. OH MY GOSH! Yes, of course I tried one. LOOK at them....amazing.... But, that was it. One was enough...

Instead of depriving ourselves, we ordered fresh choices, like the following....everything was fresh, full of flavour and tasty, but here are two options for an appetizer without sabotaging your hard work. Then I followed my main dish with the most amazing King Crab. A great meal option, as it tastes SO Good!  but you have to eat it slowly, fighting for your meat!  Plus I you can control the amount of butter or omit it all together.  A great tip I was given?  Dip your crab and lobster in Rice Wine Vinegar.  ( my Fish man told me this- his wife is Asian and they do it all the time) sounds awful, I know, but I tried it once. NOT bad at ALL! Very good actually.


Freshly shipped  Oysters- Heck! We are in UTAH!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


and mussels, but I was easy on the butter- they were nice enough to put it on the side...




No comments:

Post a Comment