About Me

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yummy Fish and Tropical Salsa Taco's!

I need your help naming this...I just made this up tonight and I have to say, it is one of my best healthy recipes I have made in such a long time!  The entire family loved it. Plus it is super low fat, high protein yet has tons of flavour.

I had mine on a lettuce wrap



The Salsa

Ingredients:

Salsa:

4 large strawberries
1 avocado
1 green onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper ( or to taste)
2 cobs of corn- cooked and grilled
2 limes ( zest and juice)
1/2 cup of Quinoa ( cooked in Orange Juice)


Other:

6 filet's of tilapia or any white fish
3 Tbsp Coconut
white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Whole wheat wraps
Feta Cheese
Lettuce wraps.



1. Put fish on Tin foil and sprinkle coconut and salt and pepper on top. Splash with white wine.  Grill until cooked.

2. Cook corn on the cob as you usually do  and then grill for flavour at the same time.

3. Chop and Mix all the Salsa ingredients.

4. Put a slice of fish, and salsa with feta cheese in your wrap and enjoy!  I used lettuce wraps tonight as I love them, they give me the crunch I want and no carbs!  LOVE/LOVE!

I can't see this dish being any more than 300 calories for 2 taco's!  Amazing, yet so full of filling protein and flavour!



I am totally NOT a food photographer, these looks awful, but we had 6 different workmen in our home, I had a long day, I was starving and wanted to EAT. Trust me. Just MAKE IT! It was very good!


No comments:

Post a Comment