About Me

Sunday, May 6, 2012

This week's Bootcamp Class

This is what I have put together for this week's Boot Camp class that I teach on Monday nights at our local Y.

I have a great group of dedicated people that continue to come each week. I love it as we have a small class. We only take 10 people, so the ratio is 5:1 for students/instructor.  My friend Toni helps with the class too. We work great together. She is so much fun and high energy!

We set up 10 circuits around the room. We demonstrate how to do each one.   Start with a warm-up, then we start!

Each circuit is timed for 20 seconds, of 100% effort, all out. Followed by 10 seconds of rest to get to the next station.   After one complete round is done, they get 1 minute of rest/water.  Then we repeat, for a total of 4 rounds.  Followed by cool-down and stretching.

I mix it up weekly...they never know what they might be doing.....we are able to help with proper form, encouragement to go harder, push them to their max. It's a lot of fun, and all over in 30 minutes!

LOVE IT!  SO I am off to do it again this morning in my home gym, because I NEVER make them do anything that I haven't tried myself.  I am in pain right there with them!  Last week was a serious ARM and CHEST killer, so this week, I have focused more on Cardio and Legs.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment