About Me

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dinner Party Planning TIME! YAY!

I love having Dinner Parties with friends that appreciate and love food as much as I do. 

So I am planning another one with the same friends I had over in the winter and did that long 80 course meal or something like that! ha!  Joking, but it had quite a few courses and I loved every minute of it, minus leaving the pasta in the oven for too long! dang!  oops!

This time I am doing something far more casual, as it is SUMMER!  the weather has been great, the Bay is BLUE, and I have been thinking about our visit in Greece a lot.  I LOVE Greece, and LOVE Greek food, so a GREEK theme it is. Now I have to reminisce our trip....For our 10th Wedding Anniversary...


One of the hotels we stayed at


The only way to get from Sea Level to the top of the city.

our Hotel









So this is the menu plan!  YES! So excited.

I need to go shopping and get some blue fabrics for the table. I want to capture the " feel" of Greece.  Next I am downloading some Greek Dinner Music from itunes...quick and easy.  The table will need bright pink flowers...white dishes, and lots of fresh food.
 Spanakopita
Stuffed Grape Leaves ( might have to purchase as we can't find the right grape leaves around here)
 Moussaka....love!
 Flaming Saganaki
More cheese!  Grilled Halloumi cheese from a great blog I found...foodytwoshoes.com.  If you haven't tried this cheese?? You are seriously missing out in life.  It doesn't melt....it just gets warm, salty and OUT of this world YUMMY!  Great to grill.

 Pork Souvlaki...with lemon

 I have learned how to make home made Pita Breads..so will do that for sure.

 and finish off with Baklava for dessert....picture from the delicious life.


and of course...OUZO!  the Greek "water"! that can get you into plenty of trouble! ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment