About Me

Monday, June 13, 2011

Icelandic Food


Ok, what do you think of when you hear someone say.." lets go out for Icelandic Food tonight honey!"

I had to think?  I don't think I have ever seen a restaurant of such sort?  Since we are hoping to get to Iceland this Fall for a few days, I had to do some research. What will we be eating?  I am far from being a picky eater, but I have to admit...this kind of made me wonder if I will be eating much there at all! lol







 Recipes that I have found on-line:

Svið og sviðasulta - Sheep's heads and sheep's head jam Sunnudags-lambasteik - traditional Sunday roast


Beinlausir fuglar - "Boneless Birds" Lifrarbuff - Liver patties

Steiktar Rjúpur - Fried rock ptarmigan Lifrarpylsa - Icelandic style Haggis

Lambakæfa - Lamb Pâté Rúllupylsa - Rolled Sausage

Biximatur - Leftover meat medley Mjólkursoðinn lundi - Puffin in milk sauce

 I even found " sheeps testicals" on the list of common foods.
 
 
 
Ok, so now I see why we don't see too many Icelandic Restaurants in our area....but I am willing to give it a try!  This could be very interesting! HA!  heck! I can't even pronounce their words or speak a word of their language.  ( shhh! but I will be packing a few granola bars in my suitcase! The food in France will surely make up the calories!)

No comments:

Post a Comment