About Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yummy, Healthy FOOD!


I am loving Salads these days, but I need to kick them up a notch, so I add as many different veggies as I can. Pumpkin seeds, goats cheese ( light) , quiona for added protein, and put some oven baked ( in wine and lemon) Arctic char on top. Drizzle with a good Balsamic Vinegar instead of any oils and voila! Great lunch or light dinner.


I love using Turkey Sausage ( the spicy ones) any way I can.  It never tastes like health food, as it is flavourful, rich and creamy in a sauce. I take it out of it's casings, and saute it, add as many different veggies as I can- today it was mushrooms, red and green peppers and a can of diced tomatoes. I thickened up the mixture and added creaminess by adding fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream near the end.  Served on extra high fiber penne. Delish!


A fun little healthy appetizer- Tiny little pumpernickel rounds, with fat free cream cheese, dash of dill seasoning, smoked salmon, a large caper and zest of lemon rind.

No comments:

Post a Comment