About Me

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summer is over- Kids back in school- time to get back on track!

It is so easy to get away from your normal routine during the summer. The kids are home, we want to do fun things, we eat out and entertain more....I am unable to get to the gym. yes! I have a home gym, and that works for me a day or two a week, but I honestly need to be around and surrounded by MOTIVATED, fitness people, in order to keep up my fitness habit.

Good to know.  We did manage to get our little home gym kind of nice though.  The Jillian Michaels Circuits were incredible.  I could use a new treadmill, but it still worked OK for me.

But now that the kids are back in school....I am quite happy about getting back into the ROUTINE of things.

Day 1: Kids back in school!


Cooked up  my Veggie Egg white Omelet...then



 Off to the  Gym! I  Kissed and hugged all of my gym friends. All of them looked fabulous. Obviously they continued on at the gym through out the summer. Eating right, etc.  I was very happy for them, but also a bit envious of their motivation. GOOD for them.. It was a hot summer in that gym, as it is very old and the A/C isn't that good. So that is a lot to accomplish. WOW! way to go!

I hopped on my Keiser Bike at the Y and spinned for an hour straight.  I love these bikes so much, that I am considering returning the Diamond Tennis Bracelet my husband got for me, in exchange for one! Yes, crazy perhaps? But they are not cheap bikes,  however, they ride so smoothly....and help you burn  many calories.



Showered and met a friend for lunch...we ate a lot of this...



Then I went and did some shopping and came home with these...


Then when Alan came home, I told him we going to have to do a lot of this...



then eat a lot of this for dinner...


and NO more of this...


but lots of this!



It was a pretty good night.  A bit exhausted, but after a nice long walk with the dog we were ready to head to bed..


And every day this week has been similar. I'm pretty proud of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment