About Me

Friday, January 28, 2011

The LOVE of the Bread Maker- Dedicated to Mindy and Tara!

Some people aren't big fans of Bread Machines. They only think they can do one thing and that is produce a funky looking loaf of bread with the paddle hole in the bottom.

However, the Bread Machine can be your very best friend! with endless possibilies.  I LOVE mine.

 Here's a few idea's for you!


Within 2 hrs I can make a last minute meal if I need to.

Make your dough in the machine-- do not bake, just the dough. On my machine, it will be ready in less than 2 hrs.

I take out the dough, roll out out into a rectangle and have fun! Sooo many options to fill this dough up!

My kids favourite:  STROMBOLI


1. Make plain bread dough in machine.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375F
3. Roll out dough into a large rectangle.
3. Place whatever ingredients you want...
    eg:  Pesto sauce, cheeses, salami, Italian meats, spinach leaves, pepperoni, sausage, etc...
4. Roll up and seal with your fingers, place seamed side down, it will be a long roll. Place on a baking stone ( Invest in one of these, as you will use them every time you make bread) At this point you can apply an egg/milk wash on the bread or spray some olive oil on top.
5. Bake, until the bread looks done. I am terrible with time, but guessing around 30 minutes.
6. Go crazy with the lovely smells in your house...get really hungry!
7. Enjoy! Slice, dip in tomato sauce, or don't.  Really good served with soup.




Artichoke Bread:

( can't find a picture, but I will take one next time I make it)

I found this type of bread while cruising around in California. It was amazing, so I had to try and duplicate it.

Again: Make basic bread DOUGH, in your machine.

1.  Roll out into a large circle.
2.  Place canned artichokes in oil on top, along with lots of shaved Parmesan and minced garlic.
3. Drizzle with more oil.
4. Gently bring up the sides of the dough, all around the circle, but leave a little bit of the middle showing, so you can see a little bit of the artichokes. Place on baking stone.
5. Bake 375F, 30 minutes until the bread looks done. Again, terrible with time.
6. Slice into wedges, serve.

PASTA!

yes, you heard that correctly, PASTA!  I loooove home-made pasta, nothing beats the real deal. A bit of work though, right? Fun, but yes, a little bit of labour for that love.  Well, I found a way to use the bread machine to do the kneading for you.   Then you take it to this machine to make your strips, or whatever shape you want. Try some Ravioli!

That's my husband...we use a basic board when we are working with fresh pasta as that is what we were taught to do in Italy when we took cooking lessons with the locals. It works well. Flour it up a bit. Have fun!

He must of been making lasagna noodles that day, as he has them hanging on everything! See. You don't need special equipment for drying, but this thing works well for linguine.



and here is someone making home-made ravioli. Wouldn't a Pumpkin/Sage/ Ricotta filling be good!?


the possibles are endless and once you try home-made fresh pasta with one of your most fabulous Tuscan sauces....you won't even want to go back to anything else!

So, I can hear you know..yelling at me!  WHERE is the Pasta Dough Recipe!?

I found it here. This guy will show you everything you need to know.

The Amazing Pasta Man~!

I also make bread bowls for my stews, soups, chili...so yummy! Just make your dough, then roll into thin rounds, place on a bowl, upside down with a little oil sprayed in the oven. Bake.

 or make your very own pazarotti's that you can have ready in the freezer, for quick week-day meals. All personally done to your liking.


The possibilities are endless...I make cinnamon rolls, ( make the dough in my machine, then do my thing)  foccacia, cheese bread, braided bread, you name it. You can do it.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring Stephanie!!! I can not wait to get a bread maker!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my bread maker around first of Feb, and I use it at least 1 or 2 times per week.
    One of the best things I ever bought!

    ReplyDelete