About Me

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Healthy, Satisfying, Afternoon Coffee/Tea Break Muffins

I swear by these for a filling, healthy, satisfying snack.

These are ideal muffins for Diabetics as well, since there is no sugar in them, just Splenda for sweetener. HIGH fibre as well.  Your colon will love you! xo ha!  I have a funny story about a Raccoon getting and eating an entire batch of these babies and I can only imagine how frequently his bowels were working after that!?

They are so satisfying and exactly what I need when I have my 3pm hunger/ need a pick me up slump!

I grab a cup of coffee or tea, take one of these out of the freezer. I keep them in zip lock bags, and nuke one in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.

Enjoy! 




 Banana/Walnut Muffins - 12 servings

Ingredients:
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup water
2Tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 cup Kellogg's Original All-Bran
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 Splenda sweetener ( or less, or use real sugar)
1 medium over-ripe banana
3 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4  chopped walnuts or a mixture of chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips. Your choice. I am not a chocolate fan, so I stick with the nuts.

Directions:

Combine milk, water and vinegar in a large bowl. Mix in All Bran and let sit for 20 minutes, until soft.
Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add mashed banana, egg whites and applesauce to bran mixture.
Add dry ingredients to bran mixture and mix with a spoon.
Fold in nuts/chips.
Bake in a  non-stick, sprayed ,muffin tin, no paper ( will stick to the paper) but use a spray to prevent muffins from sticking.

Bake 375C for 18 minutes or until done and look like this.



I'm a huge fan of Presidents Choice- Chocolate Mint Black Tea....that is what I was having with my muffin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment