About Me

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What to order at Fast Food Places- you're starving!

Ok, as I have mentioned earlier...I always pack my little nifty lunch purse.  I even bought a new one. You like?



oh! but these are pretty cute too!




BUT, if you find yourself in a situation where you have to eat fast food. I have compiled  a list of the better options for you.  It is amazing how something that sounds HEALTHY can be equivelent to 3 big macs! no joke! all salads are not equal. Then there are a few soups or chili's and you think..oh gosh no! That can't be good, but they are. So here is what I have come up with so far.

the good news is, you can now go on-line and find the Nutrtional value to most fast food chains!  Which is nice, so we can make an educated healthy decision.

Swiss Chalet:
usually my first choice as I can get a baked potato, skinless chicken breast, and steamed veggies.

Harvey's:

Grilled chicken sandwich, or the veggie burger. Great choices. Load up your burger with all the healthy toppings.

Wendy's
Not alot of healthy options: did you know the mandarin salad is over 1100 calories?  yikes
Stick to the chili, and the grilled chicken sandwich. Even the baked potatoes are loaded with fatty toppings.

Tim Horton's
The soups are pretty good. Even the cream of mushroom!  not high in fat at all.  Just skip the donuts.  The wraps are all pretty healthy as well.

Taco Bell
They have a new healthy menu! YAY to Taco Bell!
Beef Fresco soft taco
Chicken Burrito Supreme Fresco
Steak Soft Taco Fesco...Fresco seems to be a theme here!?

Boston Pizza
Not too many options there. But I do like their salad with shrimp or chicken skewers. Problem is, I am starving again within the hour.

more to come! I am working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment