About Me

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beer Can Turkey- for Easter!?

Ok, so my big brunch plans for Easter went out the door, as I had a few extra things to do this week-end. However, we still had to celebrate Easter, as I have had my table all set for weeks now! ( I love setting my dining room table for occasions, and I have been collecting the most adorable Easter Dishes over the past few years.  Not to mention we are usually away for Easter- on Ski trips! Denver last year, and Salt Lake city the year before. But this year we were home and had no plans...soooo

So dinner it was. My parents joined us this year. 

My husband loves Turkey. He will eat it any chance he can get, so he asked for a turkey since we  have been invited for an Easter ham dinner at my in-laws.   I found a nice small one, and just assumed we would be roasting it.

BUT we had some really ridiculously warm weather for this time of year.  28C!  We bought a new Weber BBQ, and decided we needed to BBQ this bird!  So beer can Turkey it was.  My husband is good about making his own rubs ( will be in the cookbook) we keep them on hand at all times.  You need a BBQ, beer, for the bird and the cook!  garlic, onions, etc...and 3 hrs later our bird was PERFECT!  I made the potatoes ahead of time, ooey, gooey, cheesey , buttery, fattening mashed potatoes, maple syrup carrots, a goats cheese, mixed green salad with balsamic and slivered almonds.. My mother made the most fabulous light chiffon lemon cake with a chocolate crust.







It was a great evening. The wine paired well, the Vidal ice wine even came out!  Special night.  A wonderful easter evening...thank-you Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment