About Me

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Garlic Shrimp Spaghettini

The boys are in Utah...on their ski trip, and Alyssa and I love shrimp.  I've been eating out way too much lately, not light stuff either!  The wine has been tasty, and being snowed in, makes you bake, eat, cook, eat, bake, eat...without much movement in between!

So, I tried something tonight.

1/2 glass of white wine and 3 garlic cloves in a frying pan.  ( I wanted to drink that wine, but forced myself to put it in!)
Sliced portabello mushroom
cherry tomatoes sliced in half
red and green pepper diced.
salt and pepper to taste

Saute... until soft, then add a bag of raw shrimp.  Cook just until they turn pink...do not over cook. Toss them the entire time. ( 2-3 min)

toss in frying pan with whole wheat al dente spaghettini to mix.
Serve with salad , garlic bread and fresh grated Parmesan.

* I would have liked to add some fresh spinach, but didn't have any. I think it would make it look pretty and add an extra element.




Healthy and good!

No comments:

Post a Comment