About Me

Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Lovers FAT FREE- WAY TOO GOOD for you, YUMMY Stew!

I was at one of our local coffee shops and ordered Cabbage Roll Soup. Although it was good, I knew it was lacking something.

So I experimented yesterday.

This is what I did, and it turned out SO good, so I had to share. Not to mention, ZERO fat, high fibre, my kids went for seconds, and we were all filled to the brim.

1 lb of extra lean minced turkey or chicken
1 onion chopped
3/4 green cabbage thinly sliced
saute  all of above in a large pot. The liquid from the meat and the onions was enough to help it saute without adding oil.

Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes with herbs
1/2 bottle of beer
1 can of tomato soup ( low sodium, and 1 can of water)
1/2 tsp dill
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt ( or to taste)

then I cleaned out my fridge and added sliced mushrooms and carrots. ( you can add any vegetable you want, the more the better)

I let it simmer most of the afternoon.

added 2 tsp of minced garlic
1 cup of minute rice.

Simmer 30 min longer...adding the rest of the beer if needed.


Dished into bowl, topped with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.  Served with Beer Bread that I made in my bread machine. What an easy, HEALTHY meal.



YUM!
 thank-fully I made enough so I can have some leftovers for lunch today...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment