About Me

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My new favourite machine at the YMCA


My daily ritual...pack my cute cheery Lululemon bag and water...and off I go!


Then I drive my kids to school, drop them off and off I go to the Gym. Usually listening to Playboy radio during the 5 minutes it takes after the kids are out of the car! HA!

I walk into the YMCA and see the early risers leaving for work, while I head to my locker to MY new office. THE GYM.

I change into my work-out clothes, which reminds me, I am over-due for some new ones! and I head to this machine.




I have never been able to run. I have issues with impact and I have a hernia problem, and in all honesty..I DON'T LIKE RUNNING! lol

But this machine is made for me. Not only do I get the same simulation as running...you actually run, but never have any impact, but you can adjust the level, so if you want to work harder and work on forming more muscle, you can. Which I have. I tend to do 5k in about 30 minutes on this machine. My butt and thighs are rockin' now! WOOHOO! Plus I burn off about 350 calories.

Then I work on my inner and outer thighs, use the exercise ball and then do my abs. This is now my Mon-Friday routine. IF I get lazy and stay at home, I am a mess. I feel like crap, so I have to go each day. I shower and get ready there, and then I continue on with my day. I feel great when I go. The Y work-out is my version of therapy.

1 comment: