About Me

Friday, April 17, 2009

Apple, Fennel and Celery Salad


I tried this salad the other night. I am always looking for fun new side-dishes that are healthy.

This one fit the bill. I served it with grilled pork loin. Amazing. Great crunch and a nice new flavour that I am not use to. I will definitely make this one again.

Apple, Fennel and Celery Salad

1/2 c thinly sliced fennel
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
1 red delicious apple, cored., peeled and chopped
1/4 c roasted walnuts, chopped

Dressing:

1/4 c plan yogurt
1 tbsp liquid honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp poppy seeds
pinch of salt and paprika

mix the dressing together and mix over salad ingredients.

4 servings. 122 cal, 2 g protein, 6 g of fat, 2 g fibre

No comments:

Post a Comment